(Please share this article with your friends on Twitter and Facebook)
Some of the most successful leaders in history display humility as one of their inspirational qualities.
Humble people display character traits where they;
1. Are grateful for the contribution of others and give them credit for their success.
2. Are aware of their strengths without being arrogant or grandiose.
3. Gladly seek out and act on accurate feedback from others.
4. Are lifelong learners.
5. Practice detachment from praise. (Sometimes living with success is harder than failure).
6. Refuse thoughts of entitlement.
7. Leverage their strengths with an eye on their development needs.
8. Take their mission but not themselves seriously.
9. Laugh at themselves without being self-denigrating.
10. Live more from the soul than the ego.
So what do you think?
How can a person be humble when they have to market themselves and develop their brand?
Are there sex differences when it comes to humility?
What about cultures where humility is seen as a weakness?
Do you have a story of a successful leader that you know and admire that was humble as well?