(If you find this article helpful please share it on the social media tabs below)
For several years now I have worked with global organizations to assess and select their senior executives.
Here are ten questions that need to be answered affirmatively before the person qualifies for a senior executive position. Each one relates to concrete behaviors and not vague personality tendencies.
- Does the person have energy and enthusiasm for the position?
- Are they compatible with the corporate culture as well as having the capability to take it in new directions?
- Can they energize and inspire everyone with the example they set?
- Do they have proven competencies for tomorrow’s position?
- Can they design and execute on a strategy? Do they have a clear picture where they want to take the organization?
- Do they have the capability to get the job done through others?
- Do they have the ability and passion to fill the leadership pipeline with leaders for the future?
- Do they hold people accountable for deliverables without micromanaging them?
- Do they meet the organization’s “gold standard” leadership requirements for the executive position?
- Do they have the knowledge, skills, and track record to deliver on major business goals?
If you are seeking an executive position with expanded scope how do you rate yourself?
How would your peers and bosses rate you for that position?
What other questions would you ask when interviewing a candidate for a senior executive position in your organization?